Sunday 16 February 2014

THE SS. CYRIL AND METHODIAS CHOIR OF THESSALONIKI, GREECE by Anna Grace

File:Thessaloniki White Tower and promanade.png

The Ss. Cyril & Methodias Choir of Thessaloniki, Greece by Anna Grace

The Ss. Cyril & Methodias Choir of Thessaloniki, Greece came to South Africa to perform with the Stellenberg Girls Choir and the Stellenbosch University Choir. The parents of Stellenberg Highschool hosted the members of the choir and all of them became like family to us. The choir stayed in Cape Town from the 17th of August until the 24th of August. They went to Table Mountain, Stellenbosch, the greek community, Cape Point and also Grand West. The members of the greek choir crept into all of our hearts and we will never forget them! I asked a few of the greek choir members a couple of questions about their stay here in Cape Town!

How was your experience in Cape Town?
Manos Kenanoglou:
The hosting families were great! I really loved having a concert with the Stellenberg Girls Choir! I think Cape Town is a really beautiful place!
Panagiota Pantela: First of all, I can tell that it was different than I expected...I thought all of Africa was like a desert with some trees...and it was a surprise for me that everything was green. It was sad to see the difference between the rich and the pour people and it was very sad to see people living in containers.
Emma Orf: It was awesome. Cape Town is not at all like our town in Greece.
Elisavet Chatzivasileiou: Wonderful! The most impressive thing was to see the different lifestyles between rich and poor people.
Alexia Michailidou: Our experience was very awesome and beautiful! I loved this journey and I loved all the places and people.
Eleftheria Pantela: We loved the trip! The place is really good, but too large to visit all at once. The hosting families were lovely and they made our stay in Cape Town even better (the bus driver too).
Alexander Papadopoulos: I actually loved Cape Town. It was a fantastic experience for me. I enjoyed the whole trip.
Daphne Eleftheriadou: The place was sooo beautiful and the landscapes breathtaking! I realized that more, when we went for the helicopter tour. The people were so polite and some times strangely happy! I really liked that. I felt at home quite easily and we had a great time with the girl! It was so much fun.
Afroditi Tsaparoglou: can I answer only with one word? AMAZING!
Thanos Papageorgiou: I didn't expect to be so great! I keep saying to my friends here that they have to go to Cape Town one day! it's beautiful, very clean city and with lots of green! People there are great and very helpful, not to mention your hospitality! It's not the most popular place in the world but if you can you have to be there once!

What was your favourite part of your tour?
Panagiota Pantela:
I very much liked the waves and all the mountains. I piked the rising sun, the different trees and the different animals and the best is, I saw some seals! All the people in Cape Town seem to have a good heart!
Manos Kenanoglou: The concerts, the free time with our hosting families and the part where we met the children of South Africa.
Emma Orf: The view of table mountain, the Cape Town stadium and the beach!
Elisavet Chatzivasileiou: The scenery; the beautiful beaches and the mountains. Plus everything was sò cheap!
Alexia Michailidou: My favourite place was Cape Point with its awesome view!
Eleftheria Pantela: I think the connection to the ocean. It's very similar to Greece and our town Thessaloniki!
Alexander Papadopoulos: I liked the trip to the jail of Mandela! It was really awesome to see how he lived for 26 years!
Afroditi Tsaparoglou: I loved your hospitality and your way of life!
Thanos Papageorgiou: It was hearing the best choirs in the world, maybe in the best halls in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment